C18034 - Head Caretaker (8 hours per day)
Lethbridge School District is accepting applications for a full-time Head Caretaker position. The Head Caretaker is responsible for all aspects of the Caretaking Operation at the school site. As the designated leader the Head Caretaker must be able to communicate and interact positively with students, co-workers, and school administration to ensure all needs are addressed at the school site. Besides the list of duties and responsibilities it is expected the Head Caretaker demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of cleaning and preventative maintenance functions. The Head Caretaker must be able to complete all working functions to a high degree of satisfaction. Under the supervision of the Principal the Head Caretaker will work primarily on the day shift, however there are circumstances where you are expected to work the evening shift. It is understood that the Head Caretaker is to take an active role in the cleaning of the facility on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
Site Specific Expectations
Hours: 8 hours per day/40 hours per week
Senator Joyce Fairbairn Middle School - 1 Position
A Rotation Shift with the Caretaker(s) must occur periodically during the school year between September and June.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- A valid 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate or Building Operators B Certificate
Additional Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- A proven and demonstrable record of leadership and supervisory ability in a facility management setting
- Proven public relations skills and demonstrated ability in promoting and maintaining effective working relations with public, students, co-workers, school staff, administration, and district officials
- Excellent communication skills both in written and oral formats
- Demonstrated ability to keep records and fill out required district forms and paper work. Computer literacy could be an asset in this area
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to make adjustments to daily routine, as conditions require for both day and evening shifts
- Experience in a school setting as a Head Caretaker or Assistant Head Caretaker
- Experience in plant maintenance operation, in cleaning methods and procedures, heating and ventilation operation, building security, and minor repairs
- Building Operator A Certificate
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 who are offered employment must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!