CE18029 - Caretaker (4 hrs/day - 20 hrs/week)
Lethbridge School District is accepting applications for part-time Caretakers. The Caretaker is responsible for completing all cleaning duties within the school. The Caretaker is under the supervision of the Head Caretaker and will work the evening shift during the school term, however day shift is required periodically. Caretakers must be able to work unsupervised for long periods of time. Caretaker work demands good health in order to fulfill the physical demands, e.g., lifting chairs, filing cabinets, furniture, boxes of materials, cleaning equipment and climbing stairs/ladders. The daily work routine involves the use of various chemicals.
The school is used by the Community after school and into the evening, requiring all staff to be aware of the demand and needs of all the user groups. Candidates must be team players within both the caretaking and whole school staff and be able to relate to students.
Typical duties of a Caretaker include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning thoroughly all washrooms, fixtures, partitions, and shower areas
- Washing of all desks, counters, doors, windows, etc.
- All dusting in the school
- Mopping, vacuuming, and waxing of floors
- Securing of District buildings
- Preventative maintenance, lock downs, fire drills, and changing lights
- Snow and ice removal from walkways
These positions are required to work at multiple sites within Lethbridge. Hours of work for these positions are between 6:45 AM - 10:00 PM Monday-Friday as assigned by the District.
- 1 Position - 4 hours per day/20 hours per week
A Rotation Shift with the Head Caretaker must occur during the school year between September and June.
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). Education received outside of Canada will require a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
Additional Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgement.
- Ability to build positive relations with staff and students that values a team environment.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Organise work and make adjustments to daily routine, as conditions require.
- Capable of performing routine and repetitive tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to promote and maintain effective working relations with the public, co-workers, school staff, and district officials.
- Display a good working knowledge of all chemicals/procedures used by caretaking staff.
- A valid 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate or Building Operators B Certificate
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 who are offered employment must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name.
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!