P19003 Immanuel Christian Secondary School Principal
Immanuel Christian Secondary School
Posting will remain open until 10:00 AM, Wednesday May 29, 2019
Lethbridge School District No. 51 is seeking a highly motivated educator who displays strong leadership skills, is innovative and demonstrates collaborative decision making to serve as principal of ICSS. The candidate will need to work closely with District and school based personnel, parents and students to ensure an engaging learning environment is present for all students.
Immanuel Christian Secondary School is a dynamic learning environment characterized by a sense of team and collaboration. It is an approved Christian alternative program for grades 6 to 12. Lethbridge School District No. 51 partners with the Society for Christian Education in Southern Alberta to offer a distinctly Christian program that:
- Integrates faith, learning and service into the entire curriculum and program and
- Challenges students to actively play their role in God’s story.
The integration of faith, learning and service is grounded in the following mission statement: The mission of Immanuel Christian Secondary School is to provide a Christian environment in which God calls His children to develop and use their gifts for joyful service in His kingdom.
For more information about Immanuel Christian Secondary School, please visit the schools website; http://icss.lethsd.ab.ca/About.php
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
The successful candidate will:
• Applicants are asked to provide a statement of Faith and a letter of support from a Pastor.
- Have a belief in, and provide evidence of, a student focused approach to developing school culture, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Provide evidence of success in building positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the community.
- Provide evidence of promoting and supporting a collaborative Professional Learning culture centered on empowering teacher growth and improvement for student success.
- Have visions and strategies to support inclusion, diversity and shared leadership among staff.
- Sound understanding of the grade 6-12 context, including curriculum and pedagogy, flexible program options and support services for students.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
Applicants must possess or be eligible for an Alberta Teaching Certificate and possess or be near completion of a Masters Degree in Education. Successful teaching and administrative experience is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!