N19003 First Nations Metis and Inuit Home/School Liaison
First Nations Metis and Inuit Home/School Liaison Worker
We are excited to have six (6) temporary First Nations Metis and Inuit Home/School Liaison Worker opportunities available starting August 21, 2019.
Lethbridge School District is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, caring and enthusiastic team leader to fill the role of First Nations Metis and Inuit Home/School Liaison supporting Aboriginal students and their parents. Lethbridge School District, embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative and fast paced environment.
What will you work?
Monday to Friday as per the FNMI Calendar
This is a 10 month position
First Nations Metis and Inuit Home/School Liaison positions are right for you if you:
- Ability to coordinate programs
- Ability to relate and interact well with adolescents
- Effective communication skills
- Collaborate effectively with team members, parents, community partners, principals, teachers and staff
- Values the concept of a team
- Have a high level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Have a positive, flexible attitude
- Have problem-solving skills
- Possess decision-making skills
- Can work independently and as part of a team
What will you do?
The First Nations Metis and Inuit Home/School Liaison will be responsible for supporting students and schools. These supports can be targeted or specialized social/emotional or cultural interventions. This position works collaboratively to enhance cultural learning opportunities and supporting identified students. Preference will be given to candidates who have a strong understanding of indigenous culture and experience working with youth and families. Driving is a requirement therefore a Class 5 Driver’s Licence is required and the candidate is required to drive.
Various School Locations within the District - 5 Positions
Various School Locations within the District - 1 Position Maternity Leave until February 2020
Education, Certification and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a related field such as Child & Youth Care.
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). Education received outside of Canada will require a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- Class 5 driver's license (graduated driver's license (GDL) not accepted).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School
District No. 51 who are offered employment must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name.
- A satisfactory driver's abstract will be required upon hire.
Salary range for this position is $29,859 - $33,305 depending on education and experience.
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!