S19020 Student Support Worker
Lethbridge School District No. 51 - Student Support Worker
We are excited to have a Student Support Worker opportunity available starting August 20, 2019.
Lethbridge School District is looking for empathetic, sensitive and patient individuals to work as part of a dynamic team. The Student Support Worker will provide support and services to students experiencing emotional, behavioral or other concerns that impact the student's ability to engage in the school environment. Employees in this class often act in an advisory role to facilitate students' access to services or provide direct assistance in response to students' needs or teachers' requests. Lethbridge School District, embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative and fast paced environment.
What will you work?
Monday to Friday
This is a 10 month position
What will you do?
Responsibilities include identifying students potentially at risk, accessing appropriate internal and external resources, organizing and leading support groups, and facilitating strategies for student progress.
Employees in this class have considerable internal contacts both with the school and School District. Contacts vary and involve providing information through various means, resolving conflicts and coordinating information services. Employees also participate on internal committees to share information, receive direction and report on progress. External contacts extend to community service agencies, parents and other involved supports.
Chinook - 1 Position
The successful applicant will be part of the wellness team at Chinook high school.
Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary diploma in Child and Youth Care or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School
District No. 51 who are offered employment must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed.
- government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name.
The hourly rate ranges from $23.62 - $26.37 depending on experience.
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!