First Nation Metis Inuit Culture and Language Teacher
FTE: 1.0 FTE First Nation Metis Unit Culture and Language Teacher
Chinook High School
Lethbridge School District is looking for an organized and motivated teaching professional who can demonstrate…
- a sound understanding of teaching context and early education;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice for early learning;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
- Additional Information:
- Candidate will have extensive experience working with FNMI populations and infusing FNMI culture and language into the classroom.
- Candidate will have the ability to instruct Blackfoot language.
- Candidate will be able to work autonomously in high school settings.
- Candidate has successful evidence of working collaboratively with teachers in a school setting.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!