Posting will remain open until 12:00 PM, Monday, July 16, 2018
Lethbridge School District is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time position of Psychologist. The district has a total student population of almost 12 000 and provides services to students in 23 schools (Early Education to Grade 12) in the city of Lethbridge.
• Collaborate with parents/guardians, school staff, district personnel, and community partners to identify and support students who are experiencing academic, behavioural, social or emotional challenges
• Administer, score and interpret standardized psycho-educational assessments
• Complete assessment reports and discuss results and recommendations with parents/guardians and school staff
• Provide consultation to schools to support students within a Response to Instruction and Intervention framework
• Participate as a member of the school Learning Team and liaise, as required, with multi-disciplinary teams, in planning and monitoring student programs
• Full registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists
• Possession of or eligibility for Alberta Teacher Certification would be an asset
• At least three years’ relevant experience in a school district and/or clinical setting working with children and adolescents is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of assessment techniques and tools to identify and address students’ psychological and educational needs
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to provide consultation to school staff
• Experience in providing psychological services across all developmental levels (i.e. Early Education through grade 12)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to prioritize and to carry out duties in a timely fashion
• Demonstrated skills in consultation and collaboration
• Ability to teach and provide instruction
• Proficiency in computer skills related to report writing and to recording and data management
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
• Must possess a valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
• The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
SALARY RANGE: $ 67 500.00 - $ 101 139.00 + appropriate allowances depending on experience and education.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!