T18104 Teacher Counsellor - Lakeview/Fleetwood
Lakeview Elementary School & Fleetwood Bawden Elementary School
Posting will remain open until 10:00 AM, Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Since 1886, Lethbridge School District No. 51 has offered high quality learning experiences over a broad range of programs to meet the needs of a wide variety of learners. The District educates over 11,000 students within the City of Lethbridge and employs nearly 1,200 staff members.
Lethbridge is a growing, vibrant city with over 98,000 residents. It is home to the University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge College, and the Lethbridge Research Centre, one of the largest agricultural research facilities in Canada. The city also houses two large manufacturing plants involved in raw product development. Well situated in the south-western part of Alberta, Lethbridge residents enjoy access to state-of-the-art cultural and recreational facilities. Comprehensive retail services attract consumers from southern Alberta, south-eastern British Columbia and northern Montana.
Lethbridge School District No. 51 takes pride in the breadth of its programs, the expertise of its staff, and the quality of its facilities in 22 schools, and a number of outreach facilities throughout the city. Our schools have a grade structure comprised of Kindergarten to Grade 5 students in elementary schools, Grade 6 to Grade 8 students in middle schools and Grade 9 to Grade 12 students in high schools.
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a Teacher Counsellor to provide support at two Elementary Schools who is enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player who possess the following skills:
- Ability to build positive and supportive relationships with students, parents and staff
- Demonstrated commitment to universal, targeted and individualized supports and services to promote personal and social development
- Understanding of the Health Curriculum and ability to support implementation at the elementary school level
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Education, and be eligible for an Alberta Teaching Certificate. Must have completed or be working towards a Master’s Degree in Counselling, Applied Psychology or Educational Psychology. Counselling experience would be an asset.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!