N18016 Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
This posting will remain open until 10:00 am, Wednesday, January 9, 2019
We are excited to have a Human Resources Manager opportunity available immediately.
Lethbridge School District No. 51 has an opening for a Human Resources Manager. If you have excellent communication and client service skills with great attention to detail and are able to multi-task, and if you enjoy a fast paced atmosphere this is the ideal position for you.
Reporting to the Associate Superintendent and Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will act as a partner on a variety of HR issues, with an emphasis on recruitment, employee relations, accommodations, and performance management. The ideal candidate will have solid HR generalist experience, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills, along with comprehensive knowledge and experience in Canadian Legislation including Employment Standards and Human Rights.
Since 1886, Lethbridge School District No. 51 has offered high quality learning experiences over a broad range of programs to meet the needs of a wide variety of learners. Lethbridge is located just two hours south of Calgary and close to the Rocky Mountains and U.S. border, and is family-oriented and culturally vibrant with many amenities of a larger city. We are a growing school division, Lethbridge School District employs more than 1200 staff and is known for its innovative culture.
Lethbridge School District, embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative and fast paced environment. We are seeking a Human Resource Manager who is results-oriented and who demonstrates professionalism and a commitment to providing exemplary public service therefore assisting in serving the educational needs of over 12,000 students within 24 schools.
Our mission statement is “Lethbridge School District No. 51 is inclusive, forward-thinking and accountable for engaging students in quality learning experiences that develop strong foundations, innovative minds and responsible citizens.”
Did you know:
- Lethbridge enjoys more than 320 days of sunshine per year.
- The height of the CP Rail High Level Bridge is 95.7 metres.
- Lethbridge is one of only a few cities its size with two post-secondary institutions - Lethbridge College and University of Lethbridge.
- Lethbridge provides a central location from which to see some of the most spectacular attractions and scenery that Alberta has to offer including Waterton National Park, Banff National Park, ski resorts, hiking and mountain biking trails: www.exploresouthwestalberta.ca.
- Lethbridge offers more than 70 parks, 140 km of walking and running trails, playgrounds and sports fields throughout the city. In the Spring of 2019. Lethbridge will have one of the best and largest leisure complexes in Alberta!
The Manager of Human Resources works closely with the Associate Superintendent and Director of Human Resources. As a member of our HR team, the role will focus on recruitment & talent management, employee & labour relations, accommodation, HR communication strategies, performance management, as well as many Human Resources generalist functions. The HR Manager is responsible for providing advice and assistance related to the interpretation and administration of collective agreements and will also provide support with conduct, performance evaluations, the grievance process, harassment investigations, and collective bargaining.
For a complete overview of our district, you are encouraged to visit our website.
The Candidate: Knowledge and Skills
Lethbridge School District seeks a Human Resource Manager with 2+ years of professional experience managing the human resources efforts. The successful candidate holds a Bachelor of Management Degree, with a Human Resources specialization along with a Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation (CPHR) or equivalent.
The ideal candidate’s approach will actively demonstrate their belief that people are our greatest strength. They have consistently demonstrated their ability to creatively solve problems, while overseeing a broad portfolio of services and supports. Evident through their actions, has a strong understanding of legislative requirements and HR ethics involved with the role.
A strong advocate for meeting the needs of students and staff, the successful candidate will be able to build strong working relationships, support the jurisdiction’s goals, demonstrate compassion, champion public education, work collaboratively with local partners, and maintain accountability for their work. They balance attention to details along with an understanding of the big picture. They develop strong, positive working relationships with all employees and groups representing those employees. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, both orally and written.
Travel is required within the city and further specifically for recruitment, therefore a valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required. Experience working in public education or a complex public sector unionized environment is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to an amazing benifit plan for you and your family! Our benefit plan covers the full spectrum of the health journey, including general health, employee and family assistance and loss of life and disability benefits.
Make a difference in a child's life!