T19506 Coalbanks Elementary Temporary Division I Teacher Expression of Interest
Coalbanks Elementary School
FTE: 1.0 - TEMPORARY
This Expression of Interest will remain open until 10:00 AM, Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Coalbanks Elementary School is District 51's newest elementary school and offers a Spanish Bilingual program.
Coalbanks provides a positive and creative environment that develops the educational potential of all students through intellectual, emotional, physical, and social experiences. For more information about Coalbanks, visit the school's website at http://cb.lethsd.ab.ca/.
Lethbridge School District is looking for individuals who demonstrate….
- a sound understanding of teaching context and contributing variables;
- deep understanding of subject disciplines taught and pedagogical approaches based on best practice;
- understanding of sound planning, assessment and instructional practices;
- understanding of classroom management strategies that contribute to a positive learning environment;
- the use of technologies in meaningful ways for teaching and learning;
- qualities of a reflective practitioner who engages in professional learning to grow in areas reflected in the TQS;
- commitment to the school community with respect to professional relationships;
- a belief in collaborative practice and teamwork;
- active contribution to school and student activity, and overall ability to develop effective relationships within the school and community.
Subjects: We are looking for a Division I teacher that is an enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player to teach all elementary subject areas. A background in music (Spanish) and PE would be an asset. Classroom assignment will be determined at a later date. The successful candidate should possess the following skills:
• Must have experience teaching in a Spanish Bi-lingual program.
• Must have a strong background of comprehensive/balanced literacy practices that have been implemented in a classroom.
• Be familiar with and implemented Lucy Calkins Writing in an elementary classroom would be an asset.
• Be familiar with and having experience in a dual-track program would be an asset.
Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School District No. 51 WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!