S18060 Administrative Support
Lethbridge School District No. 51 - Administrative Support
We are excited to have an Administrative Support opportunity available immediately.
Lethbridge School District is looking for an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. The Administrative Support will perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of school office operations. Duties include but are not limited to word processing and reception services, maintaining various school and student records, operating standard office and school equipment, and assisting in organizing school events and activities.
This position will require considerable contact with staff, students and parents, providing assistance, responding to routine inquiries and requests for information. In addition, the Administrative Support will receive and direct callers both by phone and in person.
What will you work?
Monday to Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 1:00pm
This is a 10 month position (220 days per year)
What do you need to succeed?
- Have a strong understanding and commitment towards our school’s philosophy.
- Have a proven history of positive interactions with students and parents.
- Have a proven history of advocacy for community involvement in the school.
- Have a proven history of being a committed team member at both the school and district level.
We are looking for experience in performing the following:
- Manage and coordinate confidential student files.
- Verify and manage student legal documents for confidential files.
- Manage and file historical student records
- Data input and maintenance to the school information management system (PowerSchool).
- Create, edit and manage school publications and event programs.
- Provide administrative support for school events (Student Awards, Colour Day, Grad).
- General reception supports.
- General administrative support to school administration and counselling teams.
- Assisting in the coordination of bussing and transportation.
- Updating and maintaining school website.
- Assist in managing of school fees.
**Candidates may be tested for computer proficiency
Victoria Park High School - 1 Position
Victoria Park High School is a comprehensive alternative high school where staff care about meeting the unique needs of each and every student. We offer a wide variety of academic programming choices and vocational programs designed to recognize unique and special abilities of each individual. We believe that students’ needs are best met through a close partnership with the school and all adults in the building as well as parents and community. At this time we are seeking an individual who holds these beliefs and is committed to supporting and assisting in all areas of student programming. The individual will also have a proven record of developing and maintaining positive relationships with all members of the school community helping to create a safe, caring and inclusive learning environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). Education received outside of Canada will require a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- Post-secondary diploma in office/business administration with some related experience.
- Combination of education and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School
District No. 51 who are offered employment must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name.
The wage range for this position is $21.56 - $24.33/hour depending on education and experience.
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!