S19003 Learning Commons/Library Facilitator
Lethbridge School District No. 51 - Learning Commons/Library Facilitator
We are excited to have Learning Commons/Library Facilitator opportunities available starting August 2019.
Lethbridge School District is looking for an empathetic, sensitive and patient individual to work as part of a dynamic team. Lethbridge School District, embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative and fast paced environment. The Learning Commons/Library Facilitator supports schools by being an agile and responsive individual who creates an environment that is available to individuals and groups to use for multiple, often simultaneous, purposes. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators support literacy, numeracy, competency development, and student learning outcomes. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators provide access to print and digital resources, including the use of technology for learning in order to enable creation, collaboration, and communication.
The successful applicant will act in an advisory role to assist students and staff locate material and use technology and other learning commons resources. External contacts may be made with other learning commons or resource centers to locate requested information or materials. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators work collaboratively in the selection and acquisition of material for the learning commons in consultation with Administration and/or the school based Learning Commons Committee. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators provide support, space and resources for inquiry, play, and imagination.
Learning Commons/Library Facilitators promote and facilitate the use of quality learning resources in multiple formats and provide exposure to a wide variety of Canadian and international resources (fiction and nonfiction) which reflect multiple perspectives, promote literacy and numeracy, and develop students’ interests and competencies beyond the school setting.
Refer to the Learning Commons/Library Facilitator job description for specific details.
What will you work?
Monday to Friday
This is a 10 month position
What do you need to succeed?
- Have a strong understanding and commitment towards our school’s philosophy.
- Have a proven history of positive interactions with students and parents.
- Have a proven history of advocacy for community involvement in the school.
- Have a proven history of being a committed team member at both the school and district level.
- Fluency in French would be an asset
We are looking for experience in the following programs:
**Candidates may be tested for computer proficiency
Fleetwood - 1 Position
Fleetwood Bawden School is a dual track learning community. Parents can chose our Mainstream program or the Montessori program. The school community consists of 405 students from Early Education EEP to Grade 5. We strive each day to make an impact on the lives of a very diverse learning community. We are seeking a Learning commons facilitator who values literacy and realizes the significance of engaging students with high quality resources; and has the ability to work closely with students who have diverse learning needs. Fleetwood Bawden is a collaborative community, where everyone is valued and students achieve success by engaging in high quality, inclusive learning experiences. We are looking for a difference maker to fill the role of our Learning Commons Facilitator.
Education and Experience Required:
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). Education received outside of Canada will require a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- Post-secondary diploma in Library and Information Technician with some related experience.
- Combination of education and experience.
- Candidates who do not possess a two (2) year diploma in a related program will be required to complete five (5) courses through Mohawk College.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School
District No. 51 who are offered employment must provide:
- A satisfactory police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
The wage range for this position is $21.56 - $24.33/hour depending on education and experience.
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!